Saturday 27 July 2013

An Epic time hearing in and and around the water on board the Norwegian Epic

The Thrill of a water-slide and being able to hear!

I have recently returned from a fabulous cruise on board the Norwegian Epic from 14th to 21st July 2013.

Fun activities included Bowling, Karaoke, a spot of night clubbing and meeting new people.

Hearing wise with the Neptune  is still very different compared to my Harmony Processor which  has the use of the T-Mic rather than through the mic on the headpiece.



On board the Epic
I had questions from curious members of the public as to what I had clipped to my goggles, such as is that a video camera> or whats that? The Neptune looks different to a conventional BTE processor.

Sound-wise I was hearing general sounds from further away, when people we talking to me and were nearby I was able to hear clearly. With general background and environmental sounds, these were at times confusing and at times jumbled possibly due to the placement of the mic.

Hearing the sounds of splashing water and the sensation of sounds when going under water felt strange, as if someone had pulled a plug on you and sound was going down a plug hole!

My trials with AB's first waterproof processor is far from over, once I eventually get to try the T-com which is the Neptune's version of my Harmony's T-mic then the comparisons can continue.

I had a great time on board to Norwegian Epic and enjoyed meeting new people courtesy of Love it Book it.com. Having the use of the Neptune meant I could hear in the water as well as on dry land.

Thanks to the marvelous hearing technology I am using I was able to enjoy a trip starting out as a group of strangers and leaving with a few friends. If someone had come up to me 5 years ago and told me I would be able to hear in the water, I would I thought they were having a laugh.
The funky Studio cabin that was my home for the week



No comments:

Post a Comment