Thursday 2 September 2010

Clearvoice (C.V) faces its toughest test yet and it............ read on to find out

Well it has been just been over a week since the upgrade took place and after spending the week playing around with the two settings I decided to see what would happen if I kept Clear Voice on all day!
Out and about walking to the train station and getting to work I could detect C.V hard at work analysing the sounds around me. Traffic and train noises were kept at a very low level, including traffic noise – this however I still find a little worrying as it impaired my ability to hear traffic at a loud enough volume.
Train announcements came through clearly. In the office building C.V settled down to a “normalised” hearing level this being some noises at a quieter level than others, however still managing to pick up speech very clearly (even if at times I did not catch all of the office gossip!)
As the day wore on I was able to detect noticeable differences to the various sound levels. In the shop I could hear the background music clearly and fairly loud! This is supposed to be background music!
Listening to music at home with C.V switched on takes this up to the next level as its coming through clearer than ever before! It appears that C.V has identified music as music and the dip in sound level is not noticeable.
Clear Voice is working well for me after one full days use. I’m in the middle of watching Waterloo road and I can hear the background music within the programme itself!
More soon.....

1 comment:

  1. hi ben,
    How do you switch between programmes on the CI? Is it difficult?

    Jonny

    ReplyDelete