Tuesday 19 January 2016

Long overdue update - new software launched on Naida q70/Roger intro

Firstly apologies to my loyal readers of this blog real life has taken over blogging so here goes with my long overdue update. 

A week before Christmas I had the opportunity to get my ci software upgraded at my ci centre in order to gain access to to a raft of exciting new features to available to Naida users. 

Sound relax - this has been set on all of my programmes except my Roger pen  slot which I require full sound access sound relax only kicks in when there is a continuous noise. The processor automatically reduces it. Sound relax for me is not that noticeable as this runs in the background and only is noticeable when I'm surrounded by lots of traffic. 

Echo block is on a separate slot and is great in echoey places such s stations or places of worship. Haven't been using this setting much as find the programme very aggressive. I think I prefer ultra zoom but never the less echo block is good to have in case it's needed. 

Wind block I find of some use and I have this on all my programmes but no noticeable day to day difference with normal listening. 

For me my software update has had some under the bonnet tweaks such bad as sounds overall have a softer/crisper like tone to them I am able to hear quieter and softer voices plus sounds overal seem that they are of a better sound quality a way to describe this is HD sound. 

There is no noticeable change to my battery life. 

Further benefits to come will be with easy call for my mobile which will stream calls directly to my processor without the need for my com pilot that's to come in a future blog update. 

I have also had the huge privilege thanks to my employer to own a Roger pen which has given me a huge confidence boost In following meetings at work and making phone calls when needed.

Roger has turned my hearing life around on the social front as most of the time able to hear better than my hearing peers in a noisy restaurant or around the family table. I have also attended a comedy Show hearing around 80% of the dialogue. Will share more Roger moments with pictures in a future blog entry.  

1 comment: