Tuesday 5 October 2010

Harmonised Hearing - General Thoughts

Time for an update and sorry it has been a while as I have been spending time fully experiencing my enhanced hearing abilities.

As I have mentioned in my previous updates on my current settings (c.v) is more effective in some environments than others.

For example by the roadside c.v goes into overkill mode making sounds a little too quiet! Standing here on a packed tube overall sounds are very quiet can hear the train announcements and door warning sound clearly.

In the office people do have loud voices! I feel like saying to them oh shut up for a minute!!

I have restarted ten pin bowling ahead of the start of the new league season! It seems to be that sounds are more effective with c.v turned off! It's pretty cool hearing the sounds of the balls rolling down the lanes and being returned!!! Once league nights begin a different story may be told........

People rave about c.v others don't like it so much I think it's all down to personal preference and the way people's programs are set up

My hearing seems to be less acute I'm not sure if this is a good or a bad thing? Maybe my brain is saying gimmie more sound?

I am having my follow up appointment with my audiologist next month and I would like to share some thoughts and seek advice/ideas from others.

I am thinking of asking for the following  settings

Program 1 idr 70 with clear voice
Program 2 idr 80 without c.v (for music)
Program 3 my current program idr 60 with cv with t coil activated?

Idr = input dynamic range

My thoughts on program one is to use this as my every day map having mire sound coming in with cv active may solve the issue with cv going into overkill mode and reduce sounds further as the noise level increases

Program 2 is self explanatory as currently unable to tell the difference in musical sound with cv on or off

Program 3 is my current map as this Is something to fall back on!

Any user experiences would be helpful here so please comment away those people who a reading this in newsletter format please go to my blog www.harmonisedhearing.blogspot.com if you wish to leave your comments or just sit tight for another update in the spring edition!

That's all for now

1 comment:

  1. Ben, this was perfect..i don't have anything to say about..!


    General CV

    ReplyDelete