Tuesday 31 August 2010

Clear Voice Testing Testing Testing....

I gave C.V a whirl whist out at lunch today and had it on for as long as I was able to use it! Sounds on the street such as traffic were reduced to barely anything and in the shop this was kept at a similar level.

I was able to hear my work colleague clearly when he was speaking to me, though I think there may be a question mark over volume level of voices? I think it is still too early to make a full judgement on this having only used C.V 5 times since getting upgraded.

In McDonalds it was very noisy! I thought Clear Voice did a fairly good job at adjusting the background noise so that it was not overly intrusive. I was able to hear the cashier with great ease despite the din going on around me!

Once seated I could tell it was "noisy" well there was a crowd of loud kids from the local Brownie camp seated on the next table down. A couple of people across the room were talking loudly and floated across crystal clear!

Hearing my work colleague was a little on the quiet side (again!) however I found it much easier to hear what I needed to hear without straining to! I still find this astonishing taking into account the amount of information I would miss out on and/or struggle to hear with my ex-auria processor!

Once outside on the street C.V reduced the background noise back to the levels as described in paragraph 1!  At that point I decided to turn off C.V and restore my hearing to "normal" volume level.

Stay tuned for more!

Still to come

More clear voice reports
Hearing in Harmony in a hearing world
A musical journey - That was then , This is now
And much much more!


-------------------------
Ben Leigh

Implanted 1999 - Clarion S-Series

Re-implated 2003 - CII Series (Auria) - Hi-Res S

Upgraded 24th August 2010 to Harmony
Slot 1 Hi Res S 120 with Clear Voice IDR 60
Slot 2 - Hi Res S 120 without Clear Voice IDR 60
Slot 3 - Hi Res S Original Auria program setting

No comments:

Post a Comment